For the last year, I've been traveling around the world giving my Design for Non-Designers talk. After working on Hello Web App, which teaches web app development to non-programmers, I wanted to start teaching design basics to non-designers. My talk garnered rave reviews, so I decided to turn it into a full book - now fundraising and taking pre-orders on Kickstarter!
Topics in the book will include:
- Visual web design and cutting down on clutter.
- Design principles (like color and layout) and shortcuts you can use.
- Writing and perfecting content.
- User experience and what it means.
- Training your design eye.
- Best web resources for learning more.
Hello Web Design leans on common website patterns as examples, but everything you'll learn will apply to other kinds of design too.
Check out the Kickstarter campaign here:
(As usual, the Kickstarter video should be entertaining and has bloopers at the end!)
Kickstarter backers will be getting the book as its written - chapters will be sent out for review so while the "estimated delivery" dates on the campaign are Summer/Fall, backers will be getting the content earlier.
Thanks everyone, I hope you support!